Submissions will open on 17th June and close at midnight AEDT on 31 August 2013. The majority of photos will be approved for use and on this site by 17th June.
- Entry is open to writers of any age or nationality who can demonstrate a connection to the Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia. Details of this connection may be required from short-listed writers (e.g. you live or have lived on the Gold Coast, have visited or holidayed on the Gold Coast, etc.);
- The story must be based on one of the Gold Coast Anthology approved photographs, and be connected to the Gold Coast. The photographs are available at pranawriters.com;
- The entrant must indicate which of the approved Gold Coast Anthology photograph(s) the story has been based on;
- Stories from any and all genres are invited;
- A maximum of 3 entries per author will be accepted;
- No simultaneous submissions. Please do not submit your story to another publication if you submit it to us;
- The maximum length of each entry is 5,000 words;
- Stories must be submitted electronically through Submittable at http://goldcoast.submittable.com/submit;
- On the cover page please include your name, email address, phone number and postal address. Please do not include this information anywhere else in the story, or the headers or footers. Please also state the story word count and the photo group and number (e.g. Beach 1).
- Use standard manuscript format in a sensible font. Times New Roman is acceptable. See http://www.shunn.net/format/story.html for details;
- The story must comprise text only â€“ no illustrations;
- By submitting the story, the author warrants that the story has not been published elsewhere (including electronically) and that they own the copyright to the story;
- The decision of the editors is final and legally binding and no correspondence shall be entered into regarding the publisherâ€™s decision;
- Authors of stories published in the anthology will be paid $100. Only one payment per story will be made, so stories with more than one author must share this payment between the authors.
- Authors should be notified about their success or rejection by mid October 2013.